Blog - Recipes
Stephanie, one of our terrific customers, who also belongs to the "No Nuts Moms Group" created this superb Tiger Nuts Brittle, and here's what she writes on her blog about it.
- 2/3 cup Honey (Or your choice or sweetener)
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Brown sugar (I used Lakanto golden sugar)
- 3 and 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Rice crispy cereal
- 2/3 cup Tiger Nut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda (1/2tsp+1/4tsp=3/4tsp)
- 2 Tablespoons White Chia seeds (OPTIONAL)
- In a large mixing bowl add honey, coconut oil, vanilla, salt and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add rolled oats, rice crispy cereal, tigernut flour and baking soda. Mix until well incorporated.
- Line with parchment paper a 9×13 inch cookie sheet or glass dish.
- Pour mixture into the baking sheet and press down until it is compact and even (I found something square that was easy to press in my kitchen. *See picture below*
- Put into oven and BAKE for 22-26 minutes (22 minutes gives you a solid but soft bar)
- Take cookie sheet out of oven and press down AGAIN until compact and even. If you skip this step you will not get a compact bar.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes and then remove out of the baking sheet with the parchment paper and let them cool for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into evenly size bars. Depending how big you cut the bars you should get between 10-12 bars.
Our Premium Organic Tiger Nuts Flour is made from our Raw Premium Organic Tiger Nuts, that's it, Period!
If you would like to see more recipes using our Premium Organic Tiger Nuts please visit us at www.tigernutsusa.com
We are the two nuts who brought Tiger Nuts to America!