The Holidays are quickly approaching & having a Gluten Free Tiger Nut Pie Crust in your repertoire is an asset!
Gluten Free Tiger Nut Pie Crust:
For this recipe, we’ve used Organic Tiger Nuts Flour. It has a similar consistency to that of using crumbs for a pressed pie crust, with a fabulous slightly sweet flavor & slightly reminiscent of coconut, to me.
Review Show: Organic Tiger Nuts Flour
- Note: If your pie plate is larger than mine, you may need to use more of the flour or meal, as necessary.
Cooking Show: How to Make Tiger Nuts Milk
Tiger nuts aren’t nuts at all – they are little tubers that grow under the ground, like potatoes or carrots do – making them perfect for those with nut allergies. Not only that, tiger nuts are full of vitamins & minerals, and are perfect for most diets.
We are using this pie crust for a Blueberry Pie with Gluten Free Tiger Nut Pie Crust.
Cooking Show: Blueberry Pie with Gluten Free Tiger Nut Pie Crust
Type: Pie Recipe
Yield: 1 pie crust
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 1/2 cups tiger nut flour – I use Organic Tiger Nuts Flour.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 – 7 tbsp butter – melted; enough to get tiger nut flour to a wet sand consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine tiger nut flour, brown sugar & 5 tbsp melted butter, in a pie plate.
- Note: Add more melted butter, 1 tbsp at a time, as necessary to reach a wet sand consistency with mixture.
- Note: Test mixture by grabbing a handful & squeezing it, to pack it. If mixture sticks together, it is ready.
- Firmly & evenly, press mixture into bottom & up the sides of pie plate, to form a crust.
- If par-baking your crust, depending on the type of pie you are making, bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool completely, before filling, if you have par-baked the crust.
If you’re looking for a quick & easy pie crust, whether you’re short on time or confidence, this is the perfect recipe to try out.
This show is brought to you by Tiger Nuts!
Tiger Nuts products are available online: